AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Samsung is playing it dirty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 7/16/2021 13:00 (#9113329)
Subject: Samsung is playing it dirty

Central Alberta
I had the Battery in my Samsung S9+ blow up before 2 years. What I mean is that the battery expanded and pushed the backplate off. I found out it's because the battery gets charged to 4.4 volts, which increased capacity marginally, but reduces battery longevity considerably.

After some research, I learned that charging a lithium cell to 85% will extend it's lifespan by 210%. The small decrease in capacity is little concern to me. I have 2 Samsung tablets with the same operating system as the phone, and one of the options is to charge the battery to only 85% to extend battery longevity. There is no such option on the Samsung phone. Why not? It's easy to assume that it's to make the phone fail after a year so that you'll buy a new one.

There is no app that will stop the phone from fully charging to 100% (4.4 V) but there is an app that will sound an alarm when it reaches a predetermined level. I've been using it since I had to pay a hundred bucks for a new phone battery to be installed. This is the one I'm using, but there are many: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=simple.batttery.alarm&...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)