AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enjoying Some Garden Veggies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 6/11/2021 00:59 (#9052657)
Subject: Enjoying Some Garden Veggies

Texas
This spring I have been enjoying some of my garden veggies that survived the winter.

Growing (or should I say attempting to grow) some veggies has definitely given me a greater appreciation for the level of quality in the commercially produced and readily available vegetables I frequently purchase from the grocery store. (Thank you vegetable farmers for the great job you do!)

Despite the fact that my veggies do not measure up very well to the ones at the grocery store, and the fact that I purchased all of them as little plants (I did not grow any of them from seed), I am still reaping joy and satisfaction from having planted them, cared for them, and watched them grow and produce.

Recently, my biggest producers have been the onion and kale plants. I have been harvesting the onion leaves for several months, and started harvesting the onions in the last few weeks. My kale plants have been outgrowing my rate of consumption!

Currently, my favorite method of preparing the veggies has been to chop the onions, onion leaves, and kale and then cook them on the stovetop with a little bit of oil and water. After cooking them, I will either add them to a breakfast quiche, or just leave them in the fridge to add to other meals (they are a great addition to scrambled eggs).

Haven’t posted much lately, so thought I would share this. I would really enjoy reading about your gardens and how you enjoy their produce!

Pics: 1. Harvesting an onion.
2. Harvested onions and onion leaves.
3. Harvested kale leaves.
4. Washed, chopped and ready to cook.
5. Cooked veggies.
6. Veggies in quiche.
7. Ready for consumption!

(IMG_8771 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_8773 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_8775 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_8776 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_8778 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_8795 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_8798 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_8771 (full).jpeg (128KB - 286 downloads)
Attachments IMG_8773 (full).jpeg (191KB - 262 downloads)
Attachments IMG_8775 (full).jpeg (141KB - 305 downloads)
Attachments IMG_8776 (full).jpeg (138KB - 285 downloads)
Attachments IMG_8778 (full).jpeg (174KB - 322 downloads)
Attachments IMG_8795 (full).jpeg (117KB - 288 downloads)
Attachments IMG_8798 (full).jpeg (120KB - 272 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)