AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who Makes a Good 8 Wheel V Rake?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Lb94
Posted 6/8/2021 12:07 (#9048127)
Subject: Who Makes a Good 8 Wheel V Rake?

West Central Illinois
I've been getting by with a 5 bar rake that was 60-70 years old and it finally busted on me last week while putting up 1st cut, cracked axle clean in 2 pieces. Meanwhile I was able to borrow an 8 wheel v rake to finish up the last 7 acres I had down and I liked it, the hydraulic fold was handy as can be as I bale lots of waterways and tiny little patches of hay no bigger than 2 acres each. This rake was a panorama but I understand they went out of business. Who makes a good one that won't break the bank? Dealers nearby have Enorossi and Sitrex, I understand Vermeer and NH are quite pricey on these so I haven't done much looking there. Just looking to buy new instead of used as I want it to last me a good while.

One thing I'll say I wasn't a huge fan of was the width of the windrow, very wide some of the patches I had left to do was where I wanted to put up small squares and the windrow was as wide as my pickup on the square baler but worked fine with roundbales. And yes I like square baling as much hay as I have room for indoors I don't intend to "just quit square baling" so I need something that would make a windrow suitable for both.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)