AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raven liquid control with agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 6/6/2021 08:20 (#9044276)
Subject: raven liquid control with agleader

East Central, Nebraska
im not sure what is going on with my liquid applicator so i thought id lay it out here and see if anyone has any insight on this.

so pretty simple system. agleader liquid product control module, raven controls. i have a raven standard valve in the system and i am constantly getting a message from the agleader incommand that the rate is not responding. i had the system on and changed out the valve yesterday with one known to work with what i thought was no luck. i took the old valve off and put 12 volts to it and it moved back and forth. what was odd and i cannot understand is yesterday i cut the ends off the valve and agleader cord thinking that was my issue and wire nut them together, in doing that i took my electrical tester/meter and jammed them into the wire nuts and placed the meter where i could see it while applying in the tractor. i was going through the field and it became obvious we were not getting any changes because it would not read any voltage and obviously my rate was not responding still. the oddest thing about all of this is at one point i would get a ohm reading between the two wires and once it did this it would keep doing it until the monitor was cycled.

biggest question i have as of right now, if my valve were to short out is what i am seeing some kind of safety shut off on the agleader side? i moved wires around and changed cables and did a bunch of stuff and i now have it working with the same old valve but that direct ground out situation baffles me. can anyone confirm that if there is a short agleader just kicks out until a power cycle is done? any other ideas of what is happening? i have never seen a liquid module go bad but anything is possible. i can't also help but think that maybe when i was trying the alternate valve since i did not power cycle the second valve didn't have a chance to work as i did not cycle power. thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)