iPad / Gmail?
back.forty
Posted 1/31/2021 11:39 (#8796420 - in reply to #8793931)
Subject: RE: iPad / Gmail?

SE Ia

I use the mail component that is part of the apple suite of apps that are shipped with my iPads. I have 3 email accounts that I setup in my mail app. My ISP provides an email account and I can access it using webmail in a browser or in the apple mail app. I have a hotmail account that is setup in outlook in the mail app A Gmail account that is setup in the mail app. So I’m not familiar with how the gmail app works. But

Looking at your picture it would appear the link is opening up in meet instead of chrome. I’m not sure why the link would show up in an app for conferences that likely has permission to access your location, microphone and camera. I’m not going to load the gmail app to look for a solution however if you look in settings and find settings for the gmail app you could look there to see if you can set the app to open links in the chrome app. I had grandkids this spring and summer that used meet for some of their online learning. There were links in email that had the invitation to their classes in meet.

You can close the third column by swiping either the line on the top down until the window is closed or up on the line on the bottom until the window is closed. I don’t know what the convention for the Google apps are.

Then you can double click on the fingerprint home button on the bottom of the ipad. All running apps will show up as tiles on your screen. Swipe up on a tile and it quits the app. I like to periodically quit all running apps.

Next if the apps were quit I’d try something as simple as going to the App Store and checking for updates for chrome, meet and the gmail app. I’d do any upgrades available for those 3 apps for sure.

After the updates I’d restart my iPad to see if that made a difference.

There have been quite a few idevice updates lately which could affect how an app works.

You could also setup gmail for apple mail and see if the links then open up in a browser, Safari or Chrome.

I don’t have a whole lot of confidence that what I’ve outlined is going to help. I could be at sometime in the near future a restart of gmail and restart of your iPad will be all you need for the site to work right.

Top of the page Bottom of the page