AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lorenz stack mover problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

forget
Posted 3/16/2015 10:45 (#4456992)
Subject: lorenz stack mover problem

eastern sd
I have been trying to help my uncle fix our Lorenz stack mover and am not having much luck. It is an 18 ton mover with PTO drive. the problem seems to be that as a stack is coming up the bed something in the drive train slips momentarily and then resumes pulling the stack up. This will happen sporadically but eventually it will slip and shear the keyshaft on one of the gears. We rebuilt the gearbox which had quite a bit of slack in it and we thought the gears were slipping internally but that didn't help at all. We are somewhat suspicious of the hydraulic cylinder and the mechanism that moves the gearbox from foreword to reverse, it might be possible that hydraulic pressure is bleeding off somehow or another and not holding the thing in gear, I can move the cylinder (its a short cylinder about 2" diameter cylinder and about a 12" stroke.) in and out fairly easily when the hoses aren't hooked up to the tractor (never tried to move it when it was hooked up) the cylinder also has flow control valves on A and B ports which we have never messed with . Apparently the guy at Lorenz who knew all about these things has retired and cant get many answers from them. Any experience or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by forget 3/16/2015 10:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)