AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement Belts for Sund Combine Pickup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

COdrylander
Posted 11/14/2006 18:11 (#61562)
Subject: Replacement Belts for Sund Combine Pickup

NE CO
I have a 7 year old Sund belt style combine pickup and the belts are worn out. I checked with the local JD dealer where I purchased the pickup about the cost of replacing the belts and found the cost to be what I considered excessive. The 11 rubber belts are 11 1/4 inch wide and 53 1/2 inches long with molded on rubber fingers about 3 inches long. The fingers have worn down, so I ended up buying JD plastic fingers and bolting them between the existing fingers. This has worked well for several years and now the plastic fingers are wearing down, and the belts themselves are starting to wear out.

Any idea where I could get a generic belt that I could use on this pickup attachment. I would prefer a belt with the molded fingers, but am not opposed to using the plastic bolt on style fingers if necessary.

The cost of the replacement belts made me think it might be a better idea to buy a whole new pickup attachment. I use it primarily for picking up proso millet for threshing. Anyone have a favorite brand? This belt style Sund has been much more reliable than the rake-up style, but doesn't seem to pick up the windrow as cleanly as the rake style.

Edited by COdrylander 11/14/2006 18:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page
School Of Hard Knock
Posted 11/14/2006 19:14 (#61573 - in reply to #61562)
Subject: How expensive are they?

just a tish NE of central ND
How much $$were the belts priced at?I believe the company is Sund manufacturing at Newberg ND.There are some private Sund dealers around ND.Sund parts always seem expensive to me also.
Old Pokey
Posted 11/14/2006 19:59 (#61590 - in reply to #61562)
Subject: RE: Replacement Belts for Sund Combine Pickup

I dont know anything about the sund, but I changed our IHs over to one piece belts. This last one purchased, is a Smuckers belt. The teeth mounts are rivited, but the teeth themselves are replacable. You can order the belt to custom fit your machines pickup excactly. On the IH and Deere, etc. you simply cut the disks off of the rollers and grind the roller smoothe.

This may be more money than you wish to spend, thats for sure. I think this one was close to $1700.00 but that includes doubling the amount of teeth in the main center section. These belts pay for themselves very quickly in small seed crops. If you have any trouble with rollers rapping in tough straw, simply put a cover over each end, and you have a rap free belt system. Just figured I'd through this out in case it interests you.

(IM000356.JPG)

(IM000357.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM000356.JPG (105KB - 322 downloads)
Attachments IM000357.JPG (109KB - 325 downloads)
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)