AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife just yelled out that Hallmark is not going away
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 1/5/2019 10:09 (#7221769)
Subject: Wife just yelled out that Hallmark is not going away

My wife just said that the Christmas Hallmark shows are going away but the regular Hallmark is coming back. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

Better quit while I am ahead.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TractorAddict
Posted 1/5/2019 10:14 (#7221780 - in reply to #7221769)
Subject: RE: Wife just yelled out that Hallmark is not going away

West of Broken Bow
Yell back at her that she’s coming with you to look and stare at (maybe even touch) Snap-On tools in the back of a tool truck all day long!!

Edited by TractorAddict 1/6/2019 11:51
md.mcwill
Posted 1/6/2019 09:14 (#7224076 - in reply to #7221780)

Do you want me dead or what? LOL. No I am smarter than that or she has trained me to be good.

berggrenfarms
Posted 1/5/2019 10:16 (#7221786 - in reply to #7221769)

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

I cant figure out how many times they will recycle the same movie script and the ladies will still watch it.

IADAVE
Posted 1/5/2019 10:25 (#7221814 - in reply to #7221786)

They are not watching the show. They are watching the guys!
Usetobe dental asst
Posted 1/5/2019 10:41 (#7221858 - in reply to #7221814)

South Central MN
NOPE!! They are watching because it is "feel good" television and it is a brief escape from life.
Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/6/2019 07:48 (#7223867 - in reply to #7221858)

Agree and while predictable in outcome they are more in tune with the times and world I grew up in than the other garbage on TV that tries to ram the SJW crap down your throat.

Here is another plus for those that enjoy watching these movies on Hallmark Channels.

If your looking to cut the cord with Directv & Dish and have at least 1.0 -1.5Mbs DSL you can sign up with Philo and get a streaming device like Roku and get all 3 of the Hallmark channels along with History, Discovery, and TLC for $16/month. Built in cloud based DVR with unlimited ability to save programs that stay on the DVR for 30 days. If your on fringe DSL you just might be able to save the shows and watch them at non peak times and save a bunch of money over satellite TV.

Channels listed below the free trial stuff on Philo.

https://try.philo.com/

DRester
Posted 1/5/2019 10:37 (#7221853 - in reply to #7221769)

Franklinton, LA
I am surprised at the number of NAT posters who don't like the Hallmark movies. Maybe these low budget movies are not perfect but they sure beat about 70% of the stuff on TV. How would you like set down with your 11, 13 and 15 year old daughters to watch Ex On The Beach, Married At First Sight, Sex and The City, Jersey Shore, Floribama Shore, Get Out, Etc., Etc.? I didn't mention the Adam and Eve infomercials.
TractorAddict
Posted 1/5/2019 11:24 (#7221943 - in reply to #7221853)

West of Broken Bow
I remember watching ‘To Dance with a White Dog’ , or something like that. Can’t recall the names of others.
SteigerSt320
Posted 1/5/2019 12:24 (#7222074 - in reply to #7221853)

Northeast Louisiana
DRester - 1/5/2019 09:37

I am surprised at the number of NAT posters who don't like the Hallmark movies. Maybe these low budget movies are not perfect but they sure beat about 70% of the stuff on TV. How would you like set down with your 11, 13 and 15 year old daughters to watch Ex On The Beach, Married At First Sight, Sex and The City, Jersey Shore, Floribama Shore, Get Out, Etc., Etc.? I didn't mention the Adam and Eve infomercials.
I wouldn’t doubt that’s part of our nations problem. Bad tv influence our young generation. Wife watches hallmark sometimes, yes, you can predict the outcome easily. It still a decent clean show.
Stormwatcher
Posted 1/5/2019 18:22 (#7222856 - in reply to #7221853)

WCMO-SWMO Area
DRester - 1/5/2019 10:37

I agree...The Hallmark movies are sure better than most of the other garbage thats on TV....
born_in_ad1
Posted 1/6/2019 07:36 (#7223839 - in reply to #7221853)

ESW ND
No kidding. I'm watched some of those shows, I literally feel dumber afterwards. That is where our society is headed for and that's what people think life is about. Young people look up to those on tv, obviously it don't matter what you have to do to yourself, but as long as you can get on a "show".

I will watch those sappy shows. Not a single "beep" in them. It's quite refreshing. Sure you can predict the outcome. I've been watching a lot of cartoons as well. Normal ones like I grew up with. Our little boy likes them, and if he enjoys them, then I enjoy them. Same with my wife. He likes the animal shows waaaaaaay more though. That's even better for us. I'm glad I have a family that I can watch whatever it is, WITH!
DRester - 1/5/2019 10:37

RickB
Posted 1/5/2019 11:40 (#7221983 - in reply to #7221769)

Lincoln County. NC
My wife and I have a deal. I don’t care what she watches and she doesn’t care what I watch.
tedbear
Posted 1/5/2019 14:36 (#7222323 - in reply to #7221769)

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have DISH satellite TV with the DVR. GF has an iPad with the DISH Anywhere app on it. A good share of the time she takes the iPad to bed so she can watch Hallmark or some girls sporting event. Then I get to watch what I want on the big set in the living room until I fall asleep.

The DISH Anywhere app allows the the iPad to: 1) act as a remote when watching the main TV or 2) act as a second display to watch something different. The other program can be any other station or even shows that have been previously recorded. The app is free and there is no additional fee for using it. There shouldn't be because the DISH subscription is plenty expensive the way it is. If she sees something coming up that she thinks she would like to record she can do that also. Once the show is recorded it can be viewed from either the big set or the iPad.

Edited by tedbear 1/5/2019 14:37
oldbones
Posted 1/5/2019 16:56 (#7222618 - in reply to #7221769)

Floyd County, Iowa
My wife watches tv here. And she likes Hallmark, Kansas basketball, and other stuff that I don't like to watch. She watches it from her chair, a few feet from me.
No problem. I have my laptop on my lap, in my chair, and spend my winter evenings "watching" that. And my headphones cancel the noise from the tv. Plenty here to keep me entertained.
We're both happy.
Besides, IMO, there isn't much worth watching on tv.
Plainwayne
Posted 1/5/2019 18:51 (#7222934 - in reply to #7222618)

East ks
Should have watched the last Kansas game with her, if you’re a Iowa St fan........,,,wow
oldbones
Posted 1/5/2019 20:24 (#7223153 - in reply to #7222934)

Floyd County, Iowa
I'd rather watch paint dry than watch any basketball game. Just not my thing.
hfpdeere
Posted 1/6/2019 16:36 (#7225020 - in reply to #7221769)

NW Illinois
Yah and my wife just informed me the Valentine specials will start soon on Hallmark ;(
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)