AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is wrong with people. Slamming on brakes in front of cattleliner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Valleyfarmer
Posted 1/3/2019 21:42 (#7218748)
Subject: What is wrong with people. Slamming on brakes in front of cattleliner

Morris, Mb.
I don’t know what some people are thinking. The semi probably shouldn’t have pulled out, but to slam on your brakes in front of a semi and then do it again and get out of your car. Watch right to the end.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4805316/manitoba-semi-driver-dash-cam-re...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kooiker
Posted 1/3/2019 21:52 (#7218767 - in reply to #7218748)
Subject: RE: What is wrong with people. Slamming on brakes in front of cattleliner

Valleyfarmer - 1/3/2019 21:42 I don’t know what some people are thinking. The semi probably shouldn’t have pulled out, but to slam on your brakes in front of a semi and then do it again and get out of your car. Watch right to the end. https://globalnews.ca/video/4805316/manitoba-semi-driver-dash-cam-re...

That idiot is lucky he's still alive and didn't kill anyone else during his acts of stupidity.   

Hopefully he was charged and fined for reckless driving (if that is such a thing in Canada).

Without seeing the oncoming traffic and knowing the terrain to the opposite direction where the semi turned onto the road its hard to say whether the truck driver should or shouldn't have turned onto the road.     There are intersections around here that you go if there isn't anyone within 600 ft as that is all the further you can see due to the terrain.   

People get pissy if you pull out in front of them with a loaded truck right as they come over the hill but there's nothing you can do about it.

Edited by Kooiker 1/3/2019 21:52
IH_always
Posted 1/3/2019 21:59 (#7218787 - in reply to #7218767)
Subject: RE: What is wrong with people. Slamming on brakes in front of cattleliner

I'd say the car driver got lucky twice that day as the semi driver tried his best to avoid hitting him. I believe he was trying to make the semi go in the ditch or run him over on the second stop he made. Takes all kinds.
Valleyfarmer
Posted 1/3/2019 22:09 (#7218813 - in reply to #7218767)

Morris, Mb.
That is correct. We can see for miles at our corners but forgot not everywhere is like that.
redoak
Posted 1/4/2019 05:56 (#7219071 - in reply to #7218767)

sw ontario
Police are issueing tickets for "brake checking" on our major freeways.....trucks have a mandatory 105 kmh. (about 65 mph.) speed limiters so takes some time to pass.....also we have a new "racing law & increased distracted driving fines" -50 kmh. over speed limit -auotmatic 7 day license suspension, vehicle is towed & up to $10k fine,distracted driving like cell phone use in $1,000 + 3 demerit points-real cost is insurance increases--pretty much every trucker now has dash cam & probably we all should .......and farmers are not innocent either as some refuse to move ove or take whole road up for miles & move a lot on the road in the dark... Really not much fun being on the road today
mike in sw mn
Posted 1/3/2019 22:00 (#7218792 - in reply to #7218748)

Walnut Grove MN USA
People are idiots. I have had things like that happen to me too. One night what I assume was a bunch of kids passed me then a few miles later stopped in the middle of the road by a small town and just sat there, no signal at all. I rolled past them at 60 mph and I know I shook that car pretty hard. Had a friend actually rearend a car because the driver of the car and a pickup were involved in some kind of incident that happened behind him. They passed him bumper to bumper and the pickup stopped in the middle of the road and car was right behind and he hammered the brakes on his freightliner but slammed into the car. He explained to the officer what happened and didn’t get a ticket. The driver of the car he hit was a lawyer and he kept pretty quite. He knew he messed up.
Rusty6
Posted 1/3/2019 22:09 (#7218811 - in reply to #7218748)

S.E. Sask.

There are numerous videos like this all over youtube. Idiot car drivers thinking they can teach a truck driver a lesson just because of some minor inconvenience. Serve them right if the truck blows them off the road. In such a big hurry but got plenty of time to slow down and harass a truck driver trying to make a living. Makes me sick. 

Valleyfarmer
Posted 1/3/2019 22:13 (#7218830 - in reply to #7218811)

Morris, Mb.
Yep. I pulled on to a 4 lane divided hiway this fall with a loaded super b (140,000 lbs). There was a car a mile away so I wasn’t worried as he could move into the passing lane. He stays in the granny lane till he is right behind me then pulls out. Flips me the one finger salute then cuts in front of me and slams on his brakes. I was up to 70 km/hr so I lock everything up. Couldn’t have been more than 6” between my bumper and the back of his car. Then he just sat there and then took off. It was bad enough he put mine and his life In danger but he had two kids in car seats in his back seat.
Rusty6
Posted 1/3/2019 22:27 (#7218866 - in reply to #7218830)

S.E. Sask.

More and more I am thinking a dash cam is necessary for everyday driving. 

Valleyfarmer
Posted 1/3/2019 22:38 (#7218891 - in reply to #7218866)

Morris, Mb.
Yep. We are trying to find the best system to put in our trucks and equipment as we have to move equipment through a town on this hiway.
FFJR
Posted 1/4/2019 16:06 (#7220187 - in reply to #7218866)

nc IA
Yes and Yes
OntarioCanuck
Posted 1/3/2019 23:40 (#7218969 - in reply to #7218811)

North of London
Not just car drivers Rusty, there are some real idiots in big rigs too.
the video that came up after the linked video showed a transport cutting another transport off and not allowing him to pass by switching lanes to stop him over and over.

A year or so ago we were stuck behind 2 transports on a 4 lane divided highway while they kept another transport from passing.
This went on for 25-30 kms with speed slowing to 90 at times where 100 is legal and traffic usually travels at 110-120 km/hr.

We finally got to pass them after the transport they were holding up pulled off at a service centre and we noted the names and numbers on trailers and trucks and reported them to the head office of the companies
Did this by email and got messages back quite quickly to apologize for the drivers and that action would be taken.

No way to know but I like to think they at least have a black mark on their personnel files.
OHKen
Posted 1/3/2019 22:31 (#7218876 - in reply to #7218748)
Subject: Sad to say but everyone should have a dash cam .

Ohio
Got one a little over a year ago , wasn't that expensive at all . Takes all of the , he said , she said out of a police report .
TractorAddict
Posted 1/3/2019 22:34 (#7218881 - in reply to #7218748)

West of Broken Bow
One night I had to go through part of a sketchy part of a particular town along a major highway. Had a bad feeling come over me while turning at a red light from the feeder road onto a Main Street. Saw a blue pickup coming fast in my direction and then it sped and turned on the Red light/intersection without any hesitation. The driver was obviously intent on catching up with me. I sped up before he ever got close. He then started driving even faster.

Just as the far left lane ended, he caught up with me and attempted to side swipe my vehicle and force me to wreck. I just held my lane and didn’t budge. It was then all he could do to stop and slow his truck and somehow avoid crashing as he overcorrected. At that point you could hear his tires locked up. I’m very sure he intended to carjack and rob me at gun point. Things sure didn’t go his way that night. Pretty sure it was the same guy that later on tried to catch me in a sedan another time in broad daylight. Some people never learn.

Edited by TractorAddict 1/3/2019 22:36
jalopy
Posted 1/3/2019 22:55 (#7218922 - in reply to #7218748)

NC IA
Not just 4-wheelers. Had a semi steering wheel holder brake check me 3 times violently in a row after he passed me while I was driving my truck pulling my combine trailer, on hwy 20 in Nebraska, on our way home from the wheat harvest. He also tried running my pregnant wife off the road, she was pulling header. I’m sure he was upset we were going 50 mph. After he passed us and preformed his professional abilities, we met up with him 50 miles down the road at a little fuel stop where he parked for the night. He was in a hurry to go nowhere.

I got his ID numbers from his truck, and the next day called his company and had a polite and to the point with the safety director. I’m confident that was the end of his career with that company, but it was mine too, that was on the top of the list why that was to be my last wheat harvest. There was a few weeks there where I was wishing the whole world would starve to death, after that ordeal.
jeff gordon
Posted 1/4/2019 00:09 (#7218985 - in reply to #7218748)

Mather, Manitoba
I watched that video twice. Not sure why the truck driver passed on the rh side. Move over to LH lane and keep cruise set. They'll get out of the way, always do!!!
redoak
Posted 1/4/2019 06:18 (#7219085 - in reply to #7218985)
Subject: Jeff my favorite-local hog hauler

sw ontario
Proteters daily at Sofina hog plant....trucker fed up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCuKNIRiFvY
martin
Posted 1/4/2019 07:26 (#7219195 - in reply to #7219085)
Subject: RE: Jeff my favorite-local hog hauler

I think the "lunatic" comment was directed at the wrong person......

:)

Boone & Crockett
Posted 1/4/2019 07:33 (#7219214 - in reply to #7219195)

Read a few of the comments, didn’t see many in favor of the idiot. Wonder what would have happened in court had he ran him over?
povertypoint
Posted 1/4/2019 10:39 (#7219585 - in reply to #7219214)

SE SD
Boone & Crockett - 1/4/2019 06:33

Wonder what would have happened in court had he ran him over?

The camera footage would not be on the net :)
Just a greasy spot on the road and the world might be a better place :)

Time to chlorinate the gene pool :)
HuskerBeef
Posted 1/4/2019 13:06 (#7219892 - in reply to #7219085)

Northeast Nebraska
redoak - 1/4/2019 06:18

Proteters daily at Sofina hog plant....trucker fed up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCuKNIRiFvY

Ha this was great! I'm sure the vegan group posted it thinking they would have so much support, but it looks like exactly the opposite.
ronm
Posted 1/5/2019 10:04 (#7221755 - in reply to #7219085)

Fruita CO
Dog her in gear, dump the clutch & lay on the horn!!! Love it!
JDSWMO
Posted 1/4/2019 07:01 (#7219150 - in reply to #7218985)

jeff gordon - 1/4/2019 00:09

I watched that video twice. Not sure why the truck driver passed on the rh side. Move over to LH lane and keep cruise set. They'll get out of the way, always do!!!

Because there was a crazy man standing in the left lane.
Rowcropcattleman
Posted 1/4/2019 07:52 (#7219254 - in reply to #7219150)

Missouri
And an oncoming car.
johnwayne360
Posted 1/4/2019 06:15 (#7219081 - in reply to #7218748)

near dyersville iowa
ive had that happen to me while driving a car. night out, wasnt in a hurry, 4 lane road. I guess i didnt drive fast enough for the idiot behind me. passed me, pulled over in front, and slammed on the brakes. I dont get it, i wasnt holding him up at all, he had easy clear passing lane. but people are just wound tight these days.
Tomcat
Posted 1/4/2019 18:06 (#7220415 - in reply to #7218748)

Ludington/Manistee MI area
Just this week a driver of a log truck had to lay his rig over in a ditch after a moron stopped with his pickup in the center of the road. Made a fair mess afterwards the pickup drove off without checking on the driver. Our states make getting a license way to easy.
Rockman
Posted 1/4/2019 19:26 (#7220606 - in reply to #7218748)

That’s a rum dumb with a death wish.

It didn’t seem to busy a road to pass.whats the big deal??
Every drivers ed should include riding in a semi for a day. Or more?
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)