AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Controlling Hydraulic SCV via CAN 11783
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Still thinking
Posted 11/2/2008 23:11 (#496523)
Subject: Controlling Hydraulic SCV via CAN 11783

I've made some custom planting equipment with hydraulic rear steering and lift.
My brother took care of the electronics to control the lift and steering based on the hitch height and angle which works quite well but required extra control valves which is messy and expensive.
I'm now building another planter using the same configuration and a new JD 8530. I understand some implement controllers can talk to the tractors implement CAN bus using the iso11783 standard and are able to take control of the hydraulic SCV's. This would be perfect for my application and my brother has been dealing heavily with CAN in passenger vehicles so understands a lot about CAN and has been looking into the SAE J1939 standard for work. He has attempted to send messages using a CAN analysing tool to control the hydraulics based on limited 11783 info in the J1939 standard with no success. We can read and decode the info on the BUS, just can't send commands. We have been trying to find information on ISO11783 standard also without success.
Different people we talk to suggest the tractor ECU needs to be told there is a implement connected, with a diagnostic tool or simply via the CAN bus on power up. Or even needs the GreenStar screen! Is this correct or are we just not sending the correct messages???

Any help on the subject will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Craig.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)