AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

24 quarters for sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 3/26/2017 21:11 (#5924995 - in reply to #5924438)
Subject: RE: 24 quarters for sale

NE Nebraska
AGDEAL - 3/26/2017 17:50

badjaccs - 3/26/2017 15:23

Hell just come join the party. I will teach you how to run irrigated pivots. Then we can meet at the bar that is just down the street from the courthouse when we pay our taxes. You will have just enough money left to buy a round for the house. At that point that round is a drop in the bucket. Seriously, no the investors are leaving the state. Actually they are trying to sell land so they can move east. I would be a buyer, but right now is not the time. I told the one realtor to call me when the first number is a 2. He asked if I was offering that. Whoa partner! No I am not, I told him. These schools caused this issue and I look for many of them to go bankrupt if we drop values in half. As most levies are at the highest level this "tax me" state allows. I have been warning these schools, but they dismissed me and told me to pay my fair share.

Not looking to move to Nebraska but was thinking about this doing cow chores this afternoon......

Here in central Illinois if a farm sells for $10000 per acre and you put down 25% then
$2500 down
$7500 borrowed

$7500 borrowed for 20 years at 5% interest is $601.82 per acre payment.

If in Nebraska a farm sells for $3000 and you put down 25% then
$750 down
$2250 borrowed

$2250 borrowed for 20 years at 5% interest is $180.55 per acre payment

I dont know anything about farming in Nebraska so please forgive my ignorance. I am assuming if you have irrigation then you have sand so to much water probably isn't a big factor. You can also spoon feed your crop additional fertilizer if needed. If you have irrigation and can grow 275 bushel corn and sell it for $3 then you can gross $825 per acre. Subtract $100 for taxes and $180.55 for the payment that would leave you with $544.45 to irrigate and produce your crop. That seems like that can cash flow which is unheard of here. I know you have high tax but would the lower land cost help or am I missing something.

Here our cash rent is higher than what your payment would be.

I might be high on my yield and low on my price but I think you see where I am going.

The sand farms around badjaccs will produce more like 175-200 bushels/acre.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)