AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ravens 440 master control switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/26/2017 09:11 (#5923377 - in reply to #5923174)
Subject: RE: Ravens 440 master control switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ck1982 - 3/26/2017 06:29

Look on the harness coming off of the back of the 440. There should be a orange and orange/white wire. You will splice into them and go to your foot switch. We used a dimmer switch out of an older vehicle and mounted it on a piece of wood on the floor and that's how we controlled ours. And instead of splicing with butt connectors we used spade ends so could be unplugged easily Hope that makes since

Yes, the above is correct and commonly done. The orange wire is common with the input to the Master switch and will be 12V whenever the Power switch is ON. The orange/white wire is common with the output of the Master switch.

If you put a switch between these wires, the new switch will be in parallel with the original Master switch. That means that if either switch is ON, the system would operate. Both switches need to be OFF to stop application. This means that if you plan to use the new switch be sure to leave the original Master switch in the OFF position.

A dimmer switch on a plate on the floor could be used. Generally when I installed these when I was a tech we used a lighted rocker switch that either mounted in an used spot on the tractor dash or was mounted in a small plastic box that was attached with double faced tape in a convenient location.

In some situations with spray or liquid fertilizer, an implement switch can be used but this is not safe for use with NH3.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)