AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows XP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 3/25/2017 22:49 (#5922965 - in reply to #5922584)
Subject: RE: Windows XP

North west MN

I Guess they just added folders that seem like they are not really folders it seems to me or maybe I don't understand but in windows 7 on the left pane of windows explorer they have what looks like a folder called Libraries and below it you have your regular my docs and pictures and such but not all the folders for that user. It really Doesn't have the same structure as if you look at the same folders by going through c/users/Owner/My Documents. They are the same folders but when the Libraries structure is missing some of the folders I would sometime question if I was in the right folder. If you drill down through c to find your my documents you do not even see a Libraries folder. I guess when I booted up the old XP after not seeing one for some years I just liked the folder layout better go to C docs and settings and My documents had My pictures in it more like what I was accustomed to. After thinking about it I should just disregard the Libraries folder in 7 and access My docs through c Like always.  I have tried several usb to serial adapters and got them to work. I seemed to start having trouble after I installed a wireless mouse on my windows 7 surface pro. I could no longer get Trimbles Ag Remote run long enough without crashing to do some settings on ports. Ag remote just kept on crashing So I bought a old cheap toughbook with a dedicated serial port and it works much better for working on older equipment.

Edited by Mbmaring 3/25/2017 22:59

(Windows xp.bmp)

(windows 7.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Windows xp.bmp (2304KB - 174 downloads)
Attachments windows 7.bmp (6531KB - 190 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)