AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Welp Hatchery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gmoney
Posted 3/24/2017 07:57 (#5919102)
Subject: Welp Hatchery

SC Wisconsin
I'm looking at buying some more Cornish Rock broilers for the kids to raise this year, plus I may throw in 5 Barred Rocks for some eggs. In the past I've ordered out of McMurray out of Webster City, IA. No real reason for that other than I recognized the name from when I used to live there, so I figured why not. But I've been happy with their chicks.

I see Welp Hatchery is a decent amount cheaper for the same birds. Mainly because they have free shipping. Has anyone ever dealt with them? I think, but could be wrong, that someone's wife on here works there?

I looked at online reviews, but am taking them with a grain of salt. People seem to love or hate any hatchery they deal with, but it seems like Welp may have a few more negative reviews than McMurray. I don't know if that means anything though - most of the reviews are from uber picky backyard chicken people. I do see they only raise the Cornish in IA, and ship the layers out of Privett Hatchery in NM? Seems like a long trip for 5 day old chicks.

Any first hand experiences?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)