AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dawn dealer support
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 3/22/2017 19:24 (#5916086)
Subject: Dawn dealer support

Near-north Ontario, French River
Stopped into my planter parts dealer today to pickup some parts for our Kinze planters. The corn planter has Dawn trash wheels , 4 of which need the plastic depth bands replaced. I asked dealer if he had any in stock and he just shook his head and said no, no that since Dawn has started working with Deere that they've really cut back on servicing/pay attention to the rest of their dealer/supplier network. While I was at the counter the parts guy called Dawn and asked about delivery time for the depth bands.. he was told " no idea but we will call you when they ship". He said its been like that all winter, parts take forever to get, can't get firm ship dates etc. What kinda support is that? I get that Deere is a big customer but its almost as though Dawn has abandoned the customers that helped build them. I've got probably $25K worth of Dawn parts on the our two planters, and now its like pulling teeth to get replacement parts. Yeah, I'm venting but maybe someone from Dawn will read this and wake up to the fact that there are disgruntled customers our there. FWIW.. I still think they have the 'best" stuff out there, but if they aren't going to support it I'll have to start looking for alternatives. End rant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)