AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basic Fieldview Cab app now unless
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

somany_rocks
Posted 3/21/2017 15:59 (#5913930 - in reply to #5913424)
Subject: RE: FieldView

Iowa
"he would be greatly mistaken if he didn't think that they weren't mining and selling his data, but it's all accepted as a part of doing business in the internet marketplace. so as a person navigates the web, have you ever wondered why the banners and popups are targeted to the sites you visited in the past, or there are sites that popup that I've never visited, but certainly pertain to agriculture."

That's exactly my point. Everyone gets all worked about Monsanto, but freely put out more personal information than ever before on the internet without a second thought. We have devices that are constantly listening for key words we say (and doing who knows what else with what we say). To me, it makes more sense for Monsanto to have all this information because it will help me on my farm because they know how the products behave on my farm and farms like mine. I don't need Amazon suggesting products to me based on a website I visited a month ago. I just don't see the difference--you'll hand it over freely as a cost on other websites, but when it's Monsanto, "batten down the hatches! Nobody can spy on me"

I used the comparison to Amazon at $370b for that reason ^^. Made sense to me when I posted it lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)