AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 3/19/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 3/19/2017 10:00 (#5908974)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 3/19/17*****

Good Sunday Morning. Spring begins tomorrow (Monday), so long winter and I guess time for us to go back to WI, but not for another week. One more trip to CA to help celebrate our granddaughter's 4th birthday next Sunday. Time for all the snow to melt and get back to a more regular work pace. I told Dave that Menards will be so happy when he comes home as he can find any excuse to go there almost daily some weeks. It will give him a purpose to get home and find something to do around the farm. I know for those of you that are not retired and don't head south for the winter, have been busy all winter. But spring time means a new beginning, with your farm, and maybe with our bodies. Winter can be hard for some with lack of energy, just wanting the comfort foods. Now with spring, the rush out the door brings on a new set of problems with eating the right foods. But let's just welcome spring and say goodbye to winter.

Been a difficult week here for Dave and I. Really hot here in AZ, so not wanting to cook. Went out to eat more then normal and treats of ice cream were involved too. Even with the heat, we did get some enjoyable riding in. We just found a nice canyon to get some shade and a breeze so we could sit and enjoy our lunch. Oh, and we were in Parker AZ yesterday and had heard about a place called the Desert Bar. Always wondered about it, so figured we would check it out. Back in 1983 a guy wanted to start a bar in town but found out there were too many regulations. So he went out into the desert and I think about 9 miles out and built this open air place and the Desert Bar was born. No electricity except from solar panels. We went out there in our car, but a RZR would have been much better. Only open from Oct, through April and only on weekends. We heard, normally packed, but with the heat yesterday, we got a good seat and they always have live music. Great music too. It was something you should check out if you are in the area. Just as we were ready to leave, in walks a couple from our home town. Small world. For the guys the beer flowed freely, but I stuck to water and I had the pleasure of driving out of there.

So what did the scale tell you today? For both Dave and up, up just a little bit. We didn't do very well at all this winter. Need to get home and see if that helps. We need more structure I guess. Hope you all did better and have a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)