AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geo referenced photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 3/18/2017 09:49 (#5907054 - in reply to #5903619)
Subject: Lat & Log of Photos

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Pretty sure it depends on your computer you download to.

Phantom 3 Pro here.

Downloaded to my 2012 Mac Book Pro - No
Downloaded to my 2014 Mac Book Air - No
* A Pro has a CD. Air does not

But downloaded into my 2015 Mac Book Air - Yes.
When I purchased the 2015 Air, I took the 2014 with me. Wanted another just like it. The capacity, speed, etc are the same. Also the physical appearance. Price the same on both.
But there are a lot of differences in how they operate.

The 2015 model gives Latitude and Longitude on the photo info. Plus the height above sea level.

A couple things. The lat & log are not of what is in the picture, but the aircraft’s position at the time the image was taken.
So if the camera is pointed straight down, pretty good. Looking out not at all.

Closer to the ground the better.

Still pictures only. Not video.
I have figured out how to get drone lat & log on video using the flight log on the I-Pad. But you have to be able to match the video time to the flight log time. Sometimes hard to do.

On the height above sea level. By getting your height off of Google Earth or some other source, you can subtract ground height from aircraft height to get the height above the ground.
But the accuracy is not very good. So I often shoot one image at ground level at the beginning or end of a flight, just to calibrate it.

Image is a height calibrate photo. Have some of image location in the other putors, not this one.
Notice my deal to keep the sun off of the I-Pad screen. Much better than those visors, that never stay in place.

Edited by Robert W Greif 3/18/2017 18:26

(DJI_0230.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0230.JPG (103KB - 335 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)