AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Business Names and Rates???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

satman
Posted 3/7/2017 10:22 (#5883606 - in reply to #5881396)
Subject: RE: Drone Business Names and Rates???

Langdon, ND
I would also have to agree with DroneDude. To go a bit further, I think the biggest problem you'll have is scaling your business. I'm not saying its impossible but it will be harder than you think to say cover 20k + acres with timing and weather conditions. You can't fly NDVI/Infrared underneath clouds and get the results that are needed so not everyday or time is going to work. As well for infrared you should only fly really between 10am-2pm because of the sun angles. That is common for satellite and aerial for best results. If not infrared not as big as problem but guys won't pay $2/acre for none NDVI/infrared in my opinion.

Now since I'm a satellite guy I'll say go ahead and say use satellite imagery to supplement you drone imagery campaign. Basically go to growers, start out with a satellite image to gain their interest and then say to the farmer "Would you like higher detail with a drone?" If not you can still charge them with satellite imagery and its analysis. Its the same concept and you'll be able to cover way more acres and create VR maps that are basically the same while also pushing other drone based products. Now stand counts and stuff like that is going to be tough but don't overdo it right away or you maybe could get yourself in trouble with growers and you get one chance to impress them.

Feel free to email me and I can hook you up with a few good options to accomplish exactly what I mentioned above if interested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)