AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on whether to farm this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 2/24/2017 14:05 (#5860516)
Subject: update on whether to farm this year

Washington Co Ks
I posted a few days ago about trying to decide if I suould farm some rented ground another year because I had encountered some health problems. I talked to my landlords and explained the situation saying that I was planning on giving up their land in the fall anyway. I gave them the option of renting to someone else this year if they felt that I may not be able to get every thing done right. They expressed their desire to have me farm another year so that they would have time to find someone else that they would be comfortable with. After having a CT scan to look for something else it was discovered that I have a mass on one of my kidneys. It will have to come out as the Dr, feels it is most likely cancer. I called my landlords the next morning and informed them and gave up their land. I figure that even if everything goes as well as it can I may not be recovered enough to get the planting done in a timely manner. The one who takes care of the farm understood and asked if I could had any suggestions who may want to farm their land. I gave him several and it turned out that one of them was looking for more land so will likely farm it now. He would have been my first pick. I plan to try to farm my own with some help from a couple of my boys another year and see where things go from there. If the cancer hasn't spread my recovery time shouldn't be to long. Even if I will need treatments I think I can manage what I have with the equipment that I have been farming more acres with. I know that this has gotten long but I just felt like sharing what is on my mind. I will be having surgery on March 14 and am ready to deal with whatever the outcome is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)