AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble / Farm Works Surface software. should this be my choice for surface ditching?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 2/24/2017 11:19 (#5860141)
Subject: Trimble / Farm Works Surface software. should this be my choice for surface ditching?

Manitoba
I have asked similar question in the past but have put off buying any program yet but if we are going this route I have to invest in something to be ready. Last year did a fair bit of field topographical surveying with our FM1000 set up on a quad so we have that piece of the equation done. We have WM Drain unlocked on our FM 1000 and have done some ditching with it. what we are seeing is that we need a program to be able to use the survey info to plan the ditching rather than just head out to field and put them in where we think they should be. particularly on larger very poorly drained fields there is too much guessing going on.

Cost for the software is about $4000 Cdn. $. I realize the focus of Surface (or rather Subsurface as it appears to be called now) is tile but I don't see any reason I can't use the program to do the same for surface drains. And since we have the WM Drain part of the equation and the FM1000 I am thinking I am best to go this route. Even if we hire some of the ditching work done the ability to have the plan and mapping in place that we can hand off to the custom ditcher will enable us to be sure that what we are paying for is what we want to achieve. That's our thought process at this time.

But many of you will have much more knowledge on this than I will and if you have any suggestion either for or against this route of action I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Oakwood 2/24/2017 11:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)