AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

comparing sunflower disks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 2/24/2017 07:58 (#5859698)
Subject: comparing sunflower disks

been looking at 2 disks.  a  1433, and a  1443 sunflower.

obvious differences  is  the 3 section 1433 and  4 section 1443.    I've noticed the  frame of the 1443 is a little less robust,  tube size wise,  but seems like there are more  total tubes. 

Doing a   calculation,  the  weight per cutting foot  favors the 1433,  by about 75#.      The  1443  will  still be far heavier  than the   model 1976 Krause  I currently drag around.    The 4 section 1443  should be more contour friendly going though my  dips and  over knobs.  Sunflower claims 10-12 HP per foot on  both.  I think this includes the  harrow.

This is my first  stab at considering  sunflower, and  think I have the numbering system figured out..

1400 is the  series,    next number (XX4X)  would be number of sections,  and the last number XXX3, would be the  'age',  or  production grouping,

On the  1443,  there are a  few  equalizing links,  or  adjusting links  to  tune the  way the  thing  levels itself side to side.. Is this a set-it and forget-it  deal?  or is it a constant  fight? 

I've seen you guys on here with  a lot of  1433's,  with  a lot of praise for them..  but  not too much feedback   on the 4 section disks.. 

The reason I'm considering the 1443 is  the fact it's got  far better blades,(22 and 23 inch)  and  is about 8000 less than the   1433!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)