AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7130 premium idles rough
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IFarmtoo
Posted 2/23/2017 09:08 (#5857735 - in reply to #5857582)
Subject: RE: 7130 premium idles rough

Eastern Iowa
If it the 6.8 it would be considered ter3 yet and fairly simple so the good news is easier to fix. So when you say rough idle are you comparing it to how it ran when new and at what RPM's before it will smooth out?
I've run the 6.8 motor in older 7_10 series and the 7_30 series and idle at the lowest RPM is not what I would consider smooth. In the 30 series I pretty much run a fuel condition year around because of the high pressure rail system and I can see smoother operation.
Not saying this is your problem you might have something mechanical like bad fuel ejector, pump trouble, air entering the system or a fuel quality problem.
I like to start with the easy fixes first filters and clean fuel, if its a dirty ejector a good fuel condition could help but if you think its running really rough and the ejector has a mechanical problem get it diagnosed and changed before you loose a piston or get fuel in the oil. Not a lot of problem with the 6.8 the only other thing I can think to check would be the crank balancer, water pump or the other end like shaft joints. Let us know what you find.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)