AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cracked C13 block 15000 miles after overhaul
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

obie_iaffa
Posted 2/22/2017 22:05 (#5857163)
Subject: Cracked C13 block 15000 miles after overhaul

NE Iowa
Not wanting to point fingers, simply fact finding here. Had a c13 in shop for cracked head and while inside, determined overhaul was needed. Shop asked me if we heard anything abnormal as a couple cylinders didn't look good. Can't day that we did here anything out of ordinary. Motor started drinking coolant and we assumed it was a head. Anyway, long story short we overhauled motor and did a reman head. fast forward 6 weeks and i noticed a hairline crack on passenger side of motor in front cylinder underneath exhaust manifold. It's weeping coolant very slowly. Any chance this could have been noticed during overhaul or am I a victim of very crappy luck after spending good money for an overhaul and now I've for a junk block 6 weeks later?
Very good reputable local shop did the work and i am not intending to point fingers, Simply trying to fact find here and figure out my next course of action now that I've got a junk block full of good nearly new parts.
In an 08 386 Pete with a 770k Miles, de emissioned single turbo'd c13. Good sound truck until my discovery today

Edited by obie_iaffa 2/22/2017 22:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)