AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

People that like cats probably shouldn't read this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Posted 2/22/2017 21:12 (#5857055)
Subject: People that like cats probably shouldn't read this

west central Iowa
We ground feed for the kids calves a few days ago. The bulk bin won't hold a whole load so we put the rest in an old flare box wagon with a roof on it. But my son the procrastinater hadn't fixed some leaks in wagon. So we filled the bin and backed the grinder in the shop, it usually gets parked in a shed at another place. This morning before school we tried to unload, but the orbit motor on the auger stalled out. We went to feed shed by the silos where we have a clean floor to empty the grinder with the removable door on the bottom. Tried the auger one more time before draining the tank and it took off and ran long enough to get the cat out of the up auger and in to the swinging auger and stalled it. Yes a cat had gotten into the tank some how while it sat in the shop. It must have crawled thru the mill , no screen in it, and then thru the auger to the tank, that auger sits in a covered U trought so I suppose there was some room in the corners. So I had to remove the swinging auger and turn the screw backwards to get the grisly remains out. Luckily it was one of the wild ones and not one of my daughter's favorites. What a day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)