AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bottling or processing your own milk?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 2/22/2017 19:12 (#5856742 - in reply to #5856586)
Subject: RE: Bottling or processing your own milk?

SC Wisconsin
Farmboy: I'll keep that in mind, but like I said this is down the road a ways. You never know when an opportunity might pop up though and it may be sooner

Kipps: I think I may have a particular advantage in this department. I have taken some sales classes and I already am working on expanding my freezer beef sales so I am gaining experience in the sales department. If I were to start real small scale I could even say give a package of yogurt, cheese, milk whatever I decided to make to those customers and use word of mouth that way, these people are already the type of customers I need that want locally produced food. As far as larger communities, I have a couple rather large towns / cities fairly close that have plenty of people. My parents sell milk and cheese in the cooler at their butcher shop and get it from a small cheese plant an hour away. They also have tons of contacts as far as farmers markets and people involved with "locally produced food". I haven't looked into the economics of something like this, but I feel like the things I mentioned above give me just as good of a chance as a guy could ask for as far as luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)