AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Authority vs Valor question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

c&k farms
Posted 2/22/2017 12:17 (#5856087)
Subject: Another Authority vs Valor question

SC KS
I have been using valor, valor xlt, or recently Fierce/Fierce XLT. Our pH and rotations I only spike in enough of any xlt to get .33 oz of classic. Last year I ended up w/ 2.5 oz of valor + 1.5 oz of Zidua + .33 oz Classic in my pre program. Our soils are all classified as coarse soils. There is a sandy nature to all fields, some worse some better. I like valor in our area over Authority because of our soils, but am having a hard time getting a group 15 moa applied w/ valor to keep the grasses at bay and help w/ the RU resistant palmer. I am looking at a Paraquat + LV6 + sencor burndown. Plant and spray 20-25 oz of Authority Elite pre. W/ a 3.5 pts Flexstar GT + generic dual/warrant in our RU beans or Liberty + warrant on liberty linked.

My concerns are how to manage the soybean injury of the Authority products. SIU weeds department shows broadaxe having less injury than Authority, but that seems to be an anomaly b/c they are the exact same. Last time I used Authority was 2011 and 2012. The authority products were our best pigweed control, but stunted beans so bad that pigweeds came in later during those drought years.

Fierce worked ok and Valent has treated us well, but on our sands w/ irrigation and 26" of rainfall it is hard to keep the zidua component in its ideal conditions of moist, but not to wet or to dry.

We will plant/drill beans ~1.5" deep. Spray the pre program and water in w/ .6" on pivots.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)