AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer keeps on printing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 2/22/2017 10:53 (#5855965)
Subject: Printer keeps on printing

We have a Brother MFC-J$750W printer. Printer is hard wired to my desk top computer & is connected to my wife's laptop by "WiFi". My cxompter is a Del, running Windows 7 "Business". Wife's laptop is also a Del but runs Windows 10, not sure of the version. Computer works fine when I print from my computer. When wife tries to print from her laptop she will get a message that the printer is not on-line. Later, sometimes several hours later, the printer will print what she wanted printed. To further the problem the printer may print the number of copies she wants then later it will print more. This can go on for days. A couple times it's used all the paper in the printer

When this has happened I've checked the printer's "que" thinking the job may still be there but the "que" has always been empty. Being this happens only when my wife tries to print I'm beginning to think the problem is in her computer. She has delete the file she wanted printed only to have it print a few hours or days later.

Anybody else had this experience? Short of taking the computer to a tech, is there anything I can check out? Only problem there is that I am not very computer savy.

Thanks for the help,
boog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)