AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scam stories
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johannes
Posted 2/22/2017 18:11 (#5856610 - in reply to #5855783)
Subject: RE: Scam stories

In the fall, I deliver wet corn to an elevator. They charge me for drying and shrink. Dry down to 15% to sell, and 14% to store. The shrink is 1.4% per bushel per point.

The first scam is the shrink. If I dry the corn in my own dryer, it does not shrink 1.4%/bu/pt. Indeed, the general manager has even stated that they always end up with more physical corn than what they should have on paper because of the shrink factor. But I don't have the capacity to dry and store all of my corn, so I have to agree to being scammed with the bushels I deliver to them.

The second scam is that the elevator charges me for drying down to 15% even though they don't really dry it down at all since the ethanol plant will accept corn up to 17% moisture. They blend my 18+% corn with someone else's dry corn and ship it off to the ethanol plant. Or if my corn is only 16-17%, they still charge me for drying down to 15% even though they don't dry it at all!

So they are charging me for a service that they never provide. I feel like that is a scam, but oh well. I'll be dead someday, and none of it will matter anyway.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)