AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cerrado33
Posted 2/21/2017 20:21 (#5854927 - in reply to #5854141)
Subject: RE: So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic

North Central Montana/ SW Sask
Umm, since we have farmed organically for 12 years now, yes I know, and it is nothing on our farm, or any of our organic neighbor's farms. So I am not sure what you are talking about. We grow lentils, oats, peas, mustard and flax and there is nothing ever sprayed on it.
But when we farmed conventionally I would spray up until 21 days before harvest with insecticide for grasshopper control that is so bad I had to have a carbon filter on the cab of the sprayer and wear a face mask in the cab.
How can that, over time, not have an affect on people?
Good grief, farmers here desiccate almost everything now with glyphosate. That never used to be the case. This is food grade crops I am talking about.
I hear all the time how ignorant people are who buy organic food. Maybe the ignorant ones are those that blindly think that multiple exposure to chemical over time will never have any consequences.
If you ever get sick enough, which I have/am, it will change how you look at things for sure. I don't wish it on anyone though. The pain than one goes through, and their family is tough. Really tough.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)