AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cerrado33
Posted 2/21/2017 19:28 (#5854753 - in reply to #5854053)
Subject: RE: So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic

North Central Montana/ SW Sask
johnny:
Definitely not offended at all.
But thank you for the response.
Yes, gluten free is kind of a fad thing. It seems that anytime Hollywood gets "on board" it gets totally ridiculous.
But, my whole family eats gluten free now because of me, and they feel better too. My Dad has talked about for years how they keep breeding the gluten content in wheat higher and higher to make it easier to bake with. Also, with it being added to everything I think our bodies are getting overloaded. I don't think our stomachs can handle it.
I believe whole heartedly in farming organically too. Obviously there are ways to farm organically that are not good for the land, have less nutritious food etc. But there is a wealth of info. out there on how to improve the soil and the microbiology in it to actually grow nutritious food that builds the soil complex at the same time.
I guess it would be called biological farming.
Keeping the ground covered with multi-species cover crops that send out root exudates in specific combinations tailored to ones own environment is the key. We are just beginning this process, but have seen good results so far.
Anyway, I hope things are good down there in Iowa. That is where I should be farming lol. Corn and soybeans, and a low risk of wheat exposure!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)