AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cerrado33
Posted 2/21/2017 09:56 (#5853736 - in reply to #5853388)
Subject: RE: So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic

North Central Montana/ SW Sask
None of the above.
Why is organic/non-organic and gluten/gluten-free always conservative vs liberal?
I am as right-wing as they come, we farm organically and I eat gluten-free because I have severe Celiac disease.
If you did too, you would be so thankful to find products labeled gluten-free.
Did you know there is gluten in lipstick? Or the glue on envelopes? Or the backs of some postage stamps? Or in salad dressing? Or chicken broth? Or a lot of shampoos and conditioners? I could go on and on.
The way I found out was having horrible gluten attacks that give me the worst digestive issues you can think of for three weeks straight.
Gluten is added to everything as a binding agent. Its insane.
Most of you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I didn't either until I developed this horrible auto-immune disease.
We have had to stop growing wheat, barley, rye, durum, and any other crop containing gluten because I cannot even be around the dust.
So maybe you could go with option number 5 and see if there is a good reason that they have gluten free food, or organic. I feel better eating organic, is it perfect ? No, but we used to farm conventionally until I got sick and I did all the spraying and I know what we sprayed on close to harvest, and there is no way that is good for people over the long run.
By the way, all of your grandparents ate organic. It just wasn't called that. It was called food.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)