AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"State Aid For Illinois Schools" how does it work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 2/21/2017 07:16 (#5853359 - in reply to #5852795)
Subject: RE: "State Aid For Illinois Schools" how does it work?

Northern Illinois
file:///C:/Users/Curt/Downloads/IB_2006.08.01_Issue%20Brief-Illinois'%20School%20Funding%20Formula.pdf

http://www.ctbaonline.org/reports/issue-brief-illinois-school-fundi...

top link didn't work so use second link and there is a download document that explains things.

I was on local school board for 8 years and this is really one of those super secret things that state board and superintendents don't like to talk about. The link is old and as I said I was a board member so not sure if this is still correct. The foundation level is not $7400 (if that is current level) - local tax revenue. It is $7400 - expected local contribution. So if a district has rich farm ground for example and does not tax it as much as the neighboring district the state will not make up the difference because they will say your local contribution should be higher. There are also many things that go into foundation level that can change it like low income students, special needs students, % of students on free and reduced lunches etc etc. As I said I make no guarantee that information is still relevant because I have been off for ~ 12 years.

Edited by jonas grumby 2/21/2017 07:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)