AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on taking Atorvastatin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 2/20/2017 21:18 (#5852954 - in reply to #5852743)
Subject: RE: Update on taking Atorvastatin

NC Iowa
flyboytoo - 2/20/2017 20:13

After reading about statins causing muscle pain on here from Feb. 8 '17. I thought to myself, that describes me to a T. So on Feb. 14th. , I stopped taking my Atorvastatin 80 mg. pill. Within 3 days I had some improvement! Today, Feb. 20, I feel so-----much better. It really had me down for the last 40 days. Thanks for whoever started this thread. I also started taking the Ub CoQ10 & that may have helped too.

i am happy the information helped for. va doc had me on 20mg of atovastatin. i complained at every 6 month appointment about muscle/joint pain and what to do about it. how much ibuprofen i could take or is anything was better. never once mentioned the statin myopath issue, even after i asked about it. i suffered for about 2 years before i read about it and the cq10. after i started takinh cq10 last november, i felt better in about 10 days. i have never been a pill taker, but i had 2 brothers that nearly died and needed bypass surgery. i very much wanted to see my grandchildren grow up, so i figured i would take the pills to help my chances. last fall i decided i needed to retire because of the body aches. could hardly function to do farm work. right now i still take the statin, but only 3 or 4 days a week. i takes the cq10 nevery day. i will see what my cholesterol is next time, if it is high, maybe there is something different, but i am sure not wanting to risk more issues. i do hope there is no long term or permanent damage.

80 mg seems high compared to what i was on. i was started on 10mg, and doc said since i was taking it anyway, just as well take 20mg to get cholesterol way down to middle of acceptable level.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)