AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

US farm income outlook 2017
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/20/2017 09:16 (#5851474 - in reply to #5851444)
Subject: RE:I'm not.

central - east central Minnesota -

1234 - 2/20/2017 08:58 Non-farm income, $79,000, I'm surprised it's that high. But I guess it only takes a few billionaires to bring the average up. In rural New York, the household incomes are typically in the low $30,000's and that's with all the school teachers, principals and district principal's salaries averaged in. What's interesting to me is how much the contribution of the non-farm income is to household income. Given that farm-derived income is so low how can people even call themselves farmers. The simple fact is there are an awful lot of poor people in this country. And farmers wonder why they are targeted to pay such high land taxes. It's hard to get money to pay for things like schools from people who are poor and don't have any money.

Interestingly, Hawaii has some of the lowest property taxes in the USA . . .  . . . Why ? They do not have a lot of disposable income to support land / home ownership. Their legislature do not want to add undo burden of land/home ownership to those that can . . .. . .

This also helps the multi-million / billionaires that have land/home ownership on the islands. Doesn't seem right - or does it ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)