AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you convince an old farmer that it's time to move off the farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

billw
Posted 2/20/2017 08:35 (#5851388 - in reply to #5850862)
Subject: RE: How do you convince an old farmer that it's time to move off the farm?

E. Kansas
He has to be approached on this issue by someone he has the most confidence and trust in, not someone who can yell and complain the best and threaten him into doing something. Finding the time that he is the most receptive to a discussion and finding the best person available at that time could be a challenge. Put yourself in his place, you be told to leave your home behind, and see how eager you may be to do as you want him to do.

Falls are so dangerous, nothing to deny about that. But remember that falls do occur in care homes too. Don't ask me how I know that.

Here's something to keep in mind. If/when you get him to move to a care home, I hope all family available will add in the concern/responsibility to their schedules to go visit him very often, and spend some time there with him. Maybe take him outside on a nice day for a while. Many people with family in care homes think they're so busy anymore they just don't have time to go visit, or they just don't like to go there so they don't. Well, that's anyone's own decision, and hopefully they choose the right thing to do. More visitors at random times usually means more people are watching to be sure proper care is being received. It would be nice to not have to believe that is necessary, but unfortunately that is reality in many care homes.

Good luck to the "old farmer" and with the various decisions.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)