AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 2/19/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 2/19/2017 08:55 (#5849323)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 2/19/17*****

Good Sunday Morning. I think there is something crazy going on. What is this that I hear about the warm temps in the central and norther states. We had rain and in the 60's and back home in WI they had sun and in the 60's. I am sure you all love the break from the cold, but hoping the hay doesn't start growing. But it sure gives you all a break and hopefully you can be outside and get some projects done, or if you have the time, get out there and walk or bike.

This was a week of too much. Tuesday, the neighborhood Donut Man and his wife, made their homemade donuts and everyone gathered at his place for a sample or two. They have done this for 15 years. The same day is when Dave and I hosted ice cream in the desert. We have a cooler that keeps even ice cream frozen for hours. Hosting was good for me as I tended to scooping and not eating so much. Of course I had a scoop, but didn't pile it on. Then that night we had a pot luck. Fun to watch how people pile food on their plates. Me, I made sure that nothing was touching on my plate. So you just take small amounts. The week wasn't done, on Thursday we had friends from WI that winter in a different part of AZ come and rode with us. Nice to see someone take in the beauty of where we winter. Then they insisted on taking us out to our little sandwich shop across the road. I got a knife and immediately cut mine in half and took it home. Friday, thought I would bake some fish for dinner, but the people that were using Dave's older RZR wanted to take us out for the seafood buffet. So out we went again. I watched my portions. Still enjoyed going out. So how did we do this week, Dave did really well, with losing 2.8 pounds. Me, not near as much, but a small loss of .4. So hopefully we can work a bit harder this week.

Not sure what we should do about exercise. Seems the more I exercise, the more my knee swells and Dave working out in the gym, his shoulder is really bothering him. We were worried about his neck from his fall last fall, but seems his shoulder is giving him more problems now. We are toying with the idea of going to a chiropractor (Dave) and a massage therapist for me to maybe help get rid of the fluids in my leg. Anyone deal with that?

Hope you had a good week.

Edited by dairymanswife 2/19/2017 09:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)