AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Replacement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/18/2017 14:15 (#5848136 - in reply to #5847979)
Subject: RE: Insight Replacement

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Insights themselves are very solid. Most of them either have had or will soon need a screen upgrade. This is some $300. Other than that they should continue to work for some time. The Insights were later replaced by the Integra which has some improvements as far as a HD screen, uses a USB stick rather than an older memory card as well as some other features. The Integras were later replaced by the InCommand series which is the current model. The Integra will plug right into your current wiring if you should decide to upgrade to it. The InCommand can plug into your current wiring with an adapter Y cable.

If the Insight was doing auto steering via a Trimble Nav II then the change to a newer Ag Leader display is more complex. Since you didn't mention steering the newer displays will work fine.

The newer models have more features but the brains for doing most of the work on the sprayer are built within the outboard modules anyway. I personally have used Insights since they were introduced. I had an Integra in a newer tractor for a time but have since upgraded it to the InCommand and a new steering system. Presently I still use an Insight with my sprayer tractor and need to stick with it because of my steering situation. Even without the steering situation I would likely stick with the Insight anyway. I have a spare Insight which is unlocked for steering also that I could sell but I believe I will keep it around as a spare.

Edited by tedbear 2/19/2017 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)