AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bean
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/19/2017 11:52 (#5849656 - in reply to #5848286)
Subject: RE: Complete Rubbish

South Central Iowa
I don't know if they are or aren't. I will say it is realistic though. Wednesday and Thursday were chalk; they were near identical opposites that cancelled each other out. So Friday was the liquidation day and given that it had pretty good volume, but was only down a dime; I think that 8,000 is probably reasonable.

I could see where daily COT reports would be helpful. I personally think they might add clutter and I would bet the most popular thing to do with them would be run a 5 day MA, LOL! I don't think it would be unreasonable or deter liquidity from markets, computers could generate their reporting requirements easily, they already know all their trades. But I personally don't know if would make much of a difference, or just make people freak out over little ups and downs.

I just mentioned the COT because everyone was panic talking it on Thursday and Friday. That, along with the Reuters number which is all I have to go off of, did not present some major sell off. Maybe it will next week? Need to liquidate 10,000 Tuesday to make it a net negative over two weeks? Something there about.

I think you will have a red screen to cheer Tuesday Sat. Don't go overboard though. Still need to best $10.17, in May as well, and you need to break $9.92 before you can start really crowing, again in May as well. 54 cents is some serious downside work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)