AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FDOT CORS to FMX... Success! sort of.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 2/17/2017 09:58 (#5845771)
Subject: FDOT CORS to FMX... Success! sort of.

South Georgia
Hey, guys. Y'all have helped me out a ton in the last week or two, getting set up to try the FDOT CORS network on my farm in South Georgia. I got my Parani sd1000 in yesterday, got everything connected, and was able to get RTK fixed just a few minutes ago. Very cool.

However... I can only get 'fixed' when I'm using the CMRP_NEAR data stream. zeaus told me here last week that the Florida network doesn't include GLONASS corrections on CMR, which I'm not certain about, as I'm showing 8 or 9 satellites currently. If I was only using GPS, I'd only expect 6 or 7, so I'm not sure.

I tried the CMRP_VRS data stream, which I thought would be better (if I understand what VRS means) because I have a base station about 25 miles south, and another about 25 miles east, but when I switched to that, I went to xFill and never came back to Fixed. Likewise when I change to RTCM3_NEAR or RTCM3_VRS. Yes, I did change my FMX to accept RTCM corrections in AgRemote on Port D when I was trying this.

Is there something else I need to do to accept RTCM3 corrections? Zeaus said that RTCM3 would include GLONASS, and be a smaller data stream, both of which would be desireable. Also, if I'm able to accept the CMRP_NEAR stream, why can't I accept the CMRP_VRS stream? Is that not what I think it is?

Thanks for all the help, and answering all my questions. It's very much appreciated. Now to go let it drive itself a while.

Adrian

Edited to correct misspelling in title

Edited by Adrian 2/17/2017 20:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)