AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New farm program-could it work ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jd43
Posted 1/23/2017 12:20 (#5788167)
Subject: New farm program-could it work ?

Northeastern Pa.
I was thinking about the farm programs and crop insurance. Why is there a need for both ? I would think a 50-50-50 crop insurance plan would be simple. 50% coverage on your gross acres which would include all farms you operate. No payment until you get 50% or less of your yield average. You pay 50% of the insurance premium and the government pays 50% ( if you want the government involved in farming). This would cut the need for FSA and leave it up to an insurance company. If you want more than 50% you pay the difference. I see no need to subsidize for low prices but can understand the need for financial help if a crop is lost to a weather related event. I underline weather related event not lost do to lack of proper production practices. I think if this type of system was put in place all farms would be playing on the same level no matter their size or type. Example of type is dairy, beef etc. that grows corn for their own use as silage vs. selling it for grain like a grain operation does. I thought this idea might get your motor running and raise your blood pressure up a little this winter day. No harm meant to anyone. I thought about this for a while before I hit the submit key but oh well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)