AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New House
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gh6430
Posted 1/23/2017 09:17 (#5787774)
Subject: New House

I posted probably 6 months ago about building a new house and eventually renting it out. After about the 10th post from all of you I was talked out of that idea. So fast forward to now. I am getting the concrete slab poured tomorrow on the house plans we decided to go with which is essentially going to mine and my soon to be wife's forever home (getting married in April). As of right now it is going to be 2br 1 bath, 1140 sq ft+ porch sq footage. I have got it plumbed and laid out where I can add on relatively easy in a few years with a master suite. So here is where I'm stuck. Spray foam vs cellulose vs Fiberglass Roll insulation? I'm worried with spray foam about moisture and ventilation issues. Price on cellulose/ fiberglass or combination is about half of spray foam. The ceiling is going to be vaulted in the open livin area. Shingle roof. I'm from Northwest Ga so our climate ranges from 105 and humid to maybe a week of single digits in the winter months. So NAT tell me your experience and what I will or won't be happy with for the next 50 years.
Thanks G.

Edit: Had 1040 sq ft instead of 1140 sq ft

Edited by gh6430 1/23/2017 13:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)