AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative to Greenstar in JD Track tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/22/2017 19:35 (#5786818 - in reply to #5786728)
Subject: RE: Alternative to Greenstar in JD Track tractor?

East Central, Nebraska
first question is what exactly does green star ready mean? currently when they say a tractor is guidance ready it means it has the hydraulic valve and a lot of the wiring is there and ready to just plug in. back then it seemed to me that they put the sticker on every door as the machine crossed the end of the assembly line and it meant little to nothing. not saying it doesn't mean anything but on our farm we have had a few pieces of deere equipment that had the sticker on it and meant absolutely nothing.

do some checking to see whats there. if you have the hydraulic valve there your off to a great start. I am guessing with the age of that tractor there was just some wiring in the cab that was put in to make it more convenient to use deere stuff and that is about the extent of it. if that is the case you can go whichever direction you want.

as for used stuff, why not? there are some great deals out there. luckily the big companies keep pumping out newer displays all the time which allows us to latch on to the older but still very productive older ones at reduced prices. id pick a company that sells a lot of stuff and start doing research. I like trimble for steering and agleader for everything else but that doesn't really mean anything. agleader has awesome support and a lot of documents available to the public on their website.

don't let the new prices scare you, there is a lot of stuff out there that will work perfectly well for you and a good website like this to get info on.

Edited by caseihfarmer 1/22/2017 20:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)