AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trump to renegotiate NAFTA..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 1/23/2017 08:38 (#5787701 - in reply to #5787535)
Subject: RE: free to take advantage of us

sw ontario
John Burns - 1/23/2017 08:05

mfg jobs at 25 dollars an hour replacing jobs at a fifth
vegetable growers here that have to follow EPA rules supposedly to keep our veggies safe to eat yet we import vegies from Mexico with few if any safety restrictions?
John

John i expect the $25 hr jobs will be displaced with technology for yhe most part. Being around your age 45-5yrs. ago anybody willing too show up every day and work could get a mfg. job here either little less pay ,small shop or more money ,benefits at the big 3---work 30 yrs. -lifetime pension/benfits, not fun jobs ,but paid well and allowed a Man too support family,own house,car on 1 income ,now in my area there is 3,000 + temp. forgeign workers on revolving 8 month work Visa's working in greenhouses producing cuc's,tomato's,pepper's of which 70% is exported to the USA..Wages are minimun wage at $11.40 hr. CAD - housing and paper is full of "help wanted" jobs like these every week and at the min. wage the greengouse guys are automating everything they can and looking at robotic harvesters...not uncommon for a greenhouse too have 300 or more employees....owners live pretty extravagant lifestyles and keep on expanding... Now we have cap & trade which will affect everything from heatng oils,fuels,electric,gas,pretty much every sector that uses energy---list I got from fuel supplier looks like 3-4.5 cents L or 12-17 cents US gal. carbon tax which I understand will be mostly paid to California companies....John I always appreciate your insight/vision as looking after 3 grandsons under 9 this week and really feel for what they will have too face ,,,,,,, we baby boomers have probably had best /safest life and opportunities of any generation......for the good of everyone I hope your new gov't is successful for the world, and like others said its not just about farmers and money
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)