AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez guide 500 and ez boom sprayer install
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

matttargett4
Posted 1/22/2017 14:43 (#5785976)
Subject: Ez guide 500 and ez boom sprayer install

Hi,

I've picked myself up an ez boom to connect to my ez guide 500 in my sprayer. It seems as though my Trimble re seller isn't being very helpful and the cabling is expensive so I was thinking of doing it myself.

I've found the pin outs on here which is great, starting with the power and can connector obviously I don't have the pin out for the connection on the ez guide end of the cable, is it reasonable to assume they run straight through?

Also what does the can terminator consist of, can I make this? I don't want to connect auto steer so can I not have a tee cable? And just go straight to the ez boom?

I only need 6 sections and for now I will leave the rate controller intact so I only need to connect to the main connector. My sprayer uses a simple switch to supply 12v to each section controlled by pneumatic solenoids, I need to leave these switches intact so the rate controller knows if they are on or off. Can I attach a relay to each section which is normally open then use the ez boom to close it? that way I can still use the manual switches also.
To connect the relay can I just use the wire marked for the section to one side of the relay coil and then connect all of the negatives together and not it back to the negative pin on the plug?

Do I need any other connections on this plug?

Sorry for the long post just looking for a bi of guidance.

Matt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)