AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for advice for applying sulfur
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDB1980
Posted 1/22/2017 06:47 (#5784945)
Subject: Looking for advice for applying sulfur

I am in NE Iowa, 100% no-till, 50/50 corn/soy rotation and low on sulfur. do not sidedress, all NH3 with Nserv in spring. My ground gets variable rate P & K spread from elevator. I am going to use starter this year, however its going to be in-furrow with 6-24-6 and do not want thiosul there.

My current plan, but up for debate is using 5 ga Thiosul in my pre-emerge carrier. it would be convenient, but how much gets tied up in residue? would have to see how it would mix with fierce for soy preemerge & Harness xtra for corn. 5 gal would only give me 14.4 units S & would really like to double that. Thiosul S is approx $.64/unit. I would really like to get to 30 units S - as thats what Corn and Soy remove / require each year. dont like running corrosive stuff like this through my sprayer, but i am willing to do it if its the best fit for my application. is this even recommended?

One fertilizer retailer has elemental S but says that I cant screw their tractor pulled tenders down low enough to do 40 lbs / ac & say it does not throw well

I could do AMS, but it sounds like its fairly leachable

I am looking to develop protocol for an every year treatment - dont care whether fall or spring application, whichever is best, the most economicial & best form of S

ran a search but couldn't find anyone with this direct question

Edited by JDB1980 1/22/2017 06:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)