AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

funds in live cattle board since Oct-something to think about
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

brads by laws
Posted 1/22/2017 07:43 (#5785031 - in reply to #5784913)
Subject: RE: funds in live cattle board since Oct-something to think about

I've been thinking about cattle markets a lot the last couple weeks. Margin calls for cattle I have in the yard hedged will do that. There isn't a lot of talk about cattle on market talk but what has taken place is interesting. Sat trying picking the high and missed. Although I often don't see the market details the way he does, I do believe he's right about the fact when the funds do the "I'm leaving" moment............It will be ugly.
jpartner thinks we have room to run some more. I do respect his work but also remember and I believe it was last March his comment that "beans were about to be crushed." That was in the early stages of the run up. I have to remind myself that no one knows for certain and thoughts like that are purely speculative in nature and betting on the come isn't risk management.
Feeding cattle seems to come with more risk then remember in the past. Perhaps I just have selective memory. Used to be when I when I went to the bathroom and sat on the pot I'd complain when my pair hit the cold water. The last few years has cured that problem.:-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)