AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice needed for "antique" wood furniture, please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 1/21/2017 13:10 (#5783702)
Subject: Advice needed for "antique" wood furniture, please

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
One of this winter's projects is cleaning out our late parent's farmhouse. Three pieces of wood furniture will need to find a new home. I really don't know what to do with them, and would appreciate any advice. I do realize that there is a big disconnect between realistic price and sentimental price, have gotten past that. It is just that these three pieces (a cedar hope chest from 1940's, a small desk which my mother refinished that her father-in-law used to have, and our parent's original dining room table) might be worth something to someone.

A couple of options which I came up with this morning:

1. Take to local monthly county seat town consignment sale next summer and just take what we get that day.

2. Find some store within triangle of Omaha, Sioux Falls, and Des Moines that specializes in such stuff and sells on consignment (if such a thing)

3. just donate to local school fund raiser auction someday.

I am not out to get top dollar out of the stuff, just don't want to find out later that I left a lot of money on the table by giving it away.

Not looking at a deadline, just need to do something I next year or so. Any stores or places you recommend I check out?

Any and all advice will be appreciated. thank you. Bruce.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)