AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Duluth trading
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

papadon
Posted 1/22/2017 19:10 (#5786740 - in reply to #5783791)
Subject: RE: Duluth trading

living in rural America I see a sad attitude within successful families especially fathers-- I'm speaking of dads in the 1945-1960 era.some very successful dads in that era left school in the 8 th grade to tenth grade level and joined the work force with no diploma but with a farmboy work ethic.many of these men worked their way to very good paying jobs with a high level of responsibility.some went back to the family farm and worked their way to very good farmers and valuable community members.now comes the sad part.i had a neighbor my dads age that left the farm for health reasons and became a well paid excellent project superintendant--clerk of the works in construction.i well remember a discussion one evening after our church trustees' meeting in which he was very upset at the cost of sending his youngest daughter to college.i suggested he get her a summer job as many teenagers in our area at that time did to help out.he flew mad as hell at me and gave me to understand that "no child of his was going to have to work like he did". sadly that lack of work ethic and the attitude that "the world owes me" is there today and that is just one case and i'll bet ag talkers know of other sad tales.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)