AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mall sells for $100
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

c&k farms
Posted 1/22/2017 07:36 (#5785021 - in reply to #5783441)
Subject: RE: Mall sells for $100

SC KS
Our mall suffered for 10+ years once Walmart came to town. A pos manager took charge and ran it even further into the ground. Now have a management team working on turning things around despite losing sears and penny's. Kmart store in town also shut down. Some of this is just to much competition between the mall, walmart, kmart, target, dillons, and local shops. 4.50 gas made people want to go 1 place and home. That started people on a new trend I think.

As far as online ordering go. I guess we can really find good deals aND get cheap prices which is the American way. But call this 30 year old crazy when I refuse to do it because I would rather buy my stuff from my local walmart or mom and pop store vs online. Even if the local store has online ordering. I am more than happy buying something that helps put someone to work from my community vs San fransisco's. Also amazon will use robots over people to get you your product off its shelf. Robots don't need insurance, sleep, leave time, or paid. So that is how things get cheaper.
I know my actions don't matter. Even us on NAT probably don't either because the masses in urban America want cheap, online ordering like meth addicts want meth. But I wish they would look at the big picture and health of their local economy over their own house's. They will save so much money just so competitive companies have to continue to be cheaper. This means more jobs that we need and an increasing population need will find cheaper working employees or robots. Just my little rant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)